The closing date for submissions for the 26 October 2014 Stroud Short Stories event is Sunday 28 September at 23.59
We are currently seeking submissions for our special event to be held on Sunday 26 October 2014. The rules and how to enter are below. Ten stories will be selected from those submitted to be read by their authors at Stroud Valleys Artspace (SVA), John Street, Stroud, GL5 2HA at 8pm.
80 people packed into the May SSS event at the SVA for a truly memorable evening of short stories, and we are hoping to achieve that again.
For the October event we are seeking stories from writers from across Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire.
We are greatly looking forward to reading your stories.
Rules for Submissions for the 26 October 2014 Event
- Submissions will be considered from writers with a Gloucestershire or South Gloucestershire connection (i.e. writers who were born, or live, or work, or study, or are a member of a writers' group in Gloucestershire or South Gloucestershire)
- Authors must be 16 or over
- There is a maximum of two stories per author
- Submissions are free
- Stories must be between 100 and 1,500 words (excluding the title)
- Submissions must be received before the end of Sunday 28 September 2014
- Stories can be on any theme, but poetry and children's fiction will not be accepted
- Stories may be previously published or unpublished
- Stories can only be submitted by email
- Writers must be available to read at the SSS event on the evening of Sunday 26 October 2014 at SVA, Stroud. Please do not enter unless you can be there
- Writers chosen to read may not enter two consecutive SSS events
- All submissions are confidential. And remain so for those not selected.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
How to enter
- Please email your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach you story in .pdf, .doc or .docx format. Do not add any personal details to your story. Only include the title of your story and the word count on your story attachment
- On the covering email, to which your story is attached, include your name, email, phone number, the title of your story (for cross referencing) and your connection with Gloucestershire/South Gloucestershire
- The closing date for submissions is the end of Sunday 28 September 2014
- Your submission will be acknowledged within 4 days
- You will be informed of the ten stories to be read by their authors no later than Friday 3rd October 2014
- Any general queries to email@example.com please
Our submissions email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our general email is email@example.com
Keep up to date on Twitter
Stroud Short Stories@StroudStories